Sunday, November 16, 2008

Real, Live Dead People!

Yesterday I went to Salt Lake to see the Body Worlds 3 exhibit in Salt Lake with Leah, Raquel, and Amber. For those of you who don't know what it is, basically people donate their bodies to be plastinated and they display them. They take off the skin and fat and like open up the muscles and show all different body parts so you can learn about them. Some displays are just body parts separated from the rest, but there are some full bodies...its crazy. It was really cool to see, but the guy on my audio guide got really annoying. Just because it takes like almost 3 hours to go through the exhibit, and he talked for forever about each thing so his voice really started to bug me. Near the end, I only listened to the ones I was interested in. I would recommend going to anyone nearby an exhibit, but I don't know that I would bring kids because its really long, you're not allowed to touch things that are out and kids would want to touch, and there are exposed body parts that you might not want kids to see and ask you about. Also, they'd probably get annoying. There was a kid I saw with his family who was like 10 and he kept asking if each thing was real. I wanted to just be like, "Kid!! Everything is real!! Stop asking!!"

Anyways, that was the interesting thing I did with my Saturday.

On Friday night, we went to Walmart and got these awesome $5 shoes and some metallic sharpies and decorated the shoes! We also watched The Little Mermaid and Jungle book it was really fun!! And my shoes rock, as you can see.


7 comments:

Meredith said...

I totally wanted to go see that when it was here in KC! I'm so glad you got to go; I'm jealous!

Jana said...

Oh my, I can only imagine the horror of taking Emma to something like that. She is ALL about asking if things are real, over and over, and she'd probably get creeped out. Although she is quite interested in how the body works....
Your shoes do rock! Way to be all decorative.

Annette Larsen said...

Woah, I've never heard of that. Sounds very interesting. I wander how long the audio would hold my attention. probably not for 3 hours.

Jen-ben said...

I'm jealous you got to go!

Christine said...

Gross! I saw the commercial for that exhibit and i was like, they don't mean REAL real bodies! I can't believe they really are! They put them in such weird positions up in the air . . . I just don't know how I feel about that!

Those shoes are so awesome, I'm very impressed with your decorating.

Bryce & Cherise said...

sweet. i'm totally jealous too. Although i've never seen anything about it so i don't know if i'd agree with christine or not. lol.
you should have shown me your shoes last night! well wear them tomorrow to breakfast!

Annika said...

Dear Kimberly

I can see that you take nice photos and add them to your blog for others to see. I started a website called Theme hunt (www.themehunt.ca). P.S. this is not a virus. My name is Annika Gofton and I live in Guelph, Canada. Every week there will be a different theme word. Then you can make a separate entry to your blog: „Themehunt – dogs“ (this weeks theme is dogs). And then you can copy your entrys URL to my site. That is how other people can see what photos did you find and people can comment. I am trying to create a little friendly community of people who take part of theme hunt every week and give/take feedback-comments. Hope you want to join. Check the site for rules and upcoming themes.

With best regards and hopes to see you join,
Annika